- Aston Martin
- Audi TT MK1 98-06
- Audi TT MK2 06-13
- Audi A3/S3 '13-'20
- Audi A4 Cabriolet 03-07
- Audi A4/Cabriolet 94-98
- Audi A4 Cabriolet 08-09
- Audi A5 Cabriolet 10-17
- Audi R8 Spider '10-'16
- Bentley Azure 1st Gen '96-'03
- Continental GTC 2006-2018
- Bentley Mark VI Cabriolet 1951-1952
- Bentley Azure 2nd Gen '06-'09
- BMW Z3 (E36) 1996-2002
- BMW Z4 (E85) 2002-2008
- BMW Z4 (E89) 2009-2016
- BMW 1-Series (E88) 2007-2014
- BMW 2-Series (F23) 2014-2018
- BMW 3-Series (E46) 2000-2006
- BMW 5-Series (E61) 2004-2010
- BMW 6-Series (F12) 2011-2018
- BMW 6-Series (E63/E64) 2003-2010
- BMW 7-Series (E65/E66) 2001-2008
- Ferrari 355 / F355 Spider
- Ferrari 360 / F360 Spider
- Ferrari 430 / F430 Spider
- Ferrari California
- Ferrari 458 Spider
- Ferrari 488 Spider
- R129 SL-Class 90-02
- W124 E-Class 93-95
- R170 SLK-Class 1998-2003/2004
- R171 SLK-Class '04 non US or '05-'11 all models
- R172 SLK-Class 2011-2020
- R230 SL-Class 03-12
- R231 SL-Class 2012-Present
- W208 CLK-Class 98-03
- W209 CLK-Class 03-09
- W205 C-Class 2017-2020
- A207 E-Class 2010-2017
- W211 E-Class 03-09
- W220 S-Class 00-06
- W221 S-Class 2006-2013
- W463 G-Class 97-14
- X164 GL-Class 07-12
- Mini Cooper
0kg - 12kg
$75.00 - $1,950.00
R230 SL-Class 03-12
Mercedes R230 SL-Class | Model years 2003-2012 Cylinder and pump rebuild & upgrade service -
- We upgrade your parts to "better than new" condition with advanced seals.
- The Vario Roof hydraulic system has eight or nine actuators and/or latch cylinders (depending on model year), including the trunk's load assist, PLUS two pawl lock cylinders and one roll bar lift cylinder. All cylinders have the hydraulic lines attached and must be shipped in that condition.
- The seals in ALL these cylinders fail with time. Usually, the roof lock cylinder 2308000872 aka A 230 800 08 72 is first to leak. If you live in a hot climate and you have noticed a hydraulic leak, then having Top Hydraulics upgrade all eleven cylinders and the pump at the same time is the best choice - you will have to deal with the hydraulics only once, you save a lot of labor in the end, and the convertible top hydraulic system will outlast your car.
- Top Hydraulics' rebuild service is a true upgrade, since the rebuilt cylinders will last much longer than the originals under the same conditions, and a design flaw gets eliminated from the otherwise excellent hydraulic system.
- The hydraulic lines are not detachable from the cylinders. That means the cylinders have to be shipped with lines attached and intact. Top Hydraulics can replace cut lines on the cylinders, but there would be an additional charge.
- The R230's hydraulic Vario roof pump aka hydraulic unit is a complex, high-performance pump with integrated valve block, two different output pressures, high-end electronic noise suppression, and high flow rate. The upgrade service for your hydraulic top pump replaces heat sensitive parts inside the pump with re-designed, precision machined aluminum ones, improves fluid filtering, services the valve block, solenoids and check valves, upgrades electronic components, upgrades internal seals, and replaces the electric motors if needed.
- Early model year vario roof pumps p/n 2308000030 and 2308000348 aka A 230 800 00 30 and A 230 800 03 48 fail very frequently at this point, and should be upgraded proactively. Top Hydraulics' service makes these high-performance pumps better than brand new ones!
- Core Exchange is now available for full sets and for various (but not all) single cylinders. Includes Models SL500, SL600, SL55, SL65, SL63AMG, SL550
R230 SL-Class 03-12
- Order Method:: Send your part(s) to Top Hydraulics first
Hydraulic pump rebuild/upgrade service for 03-12 Mercedes-Benz R230 SL-Class
Send in your hydraulic pump for rebuild/upgrade. P/N 2308000030, 2308000088, 2308000330, 2308000348. You get back a pump that is far superior to a brand new one, on account of upgraded seals and internal components (following a complex rebuild & test procedure).
Top Hydraulics currently return ships via FedEx 2-Day Service within the US
International return shipping via FedEx International Priority is $90 to Canada and Mexico and $135 to countries outside of North America.Price$800.00
Rebuild/upgrade service for all eight Vario Roof cylinders PLUS the three cylinders related to the roll bar - outstanding package deal!
Expedited core exchange option includes $300 surcharge plus $800 deposit.
Fits '03-'11 models SL350, SL500, SL550, SL600, SL55, SL63AMG, SL65.
Ships via FedEx 2-Day Service within the US for $20, or Priority Overnight for $90, or internationally to most countries for $90.
During times of high demand, the core exchange option may be blocked for countries outside of North America - you will have to send in your parts first if you get the message "no carrier to this location" during checkout.Price$1,250.00
Full set of vario roof cylinders consists of eight hydraulic cylinders excluding the roll bar related cylinders. You send in your cylinders first for rebuild/upgrade service.
Expedited core exchange option includes $250 surcharge plus $800 deposit.
Fits SL350, SL500, SL550, SL600, SL55, SL63AMG, SL65.
Roll bar related cylinders available in other options (highly advisable)Price$975.00
Rebuild/upgrade service for all eight Vario Roof cylinders, all three roll bar cylinders, AND the hydraulic pump. All of the originals will fail sooner or later, unless the car gets wrecked prematurely, and Top Hydraulics' upgrade makes them better than brand new ones.
Expedited core exchange option includes $350 surcharge plus $1000 deposit.
Applies to '03-'11 modelsPrice$1,950.00
Rebuilding your R230 SL-Class Vario Roof Top Front Lock/Latch cylinder with the best seals available. Cylinder must be shipped with lines attached - they need to be traced all the way back to the pump.
Expedited core exchange option includes a surcharge of $40 for inventory management, plus a refundable $200 core deposit. 3 yr wtyPrice$95.00
Rebuilding your R230 SL-Class Vario Roof Left Trunk Frame Locking Cylinder with the best seals available. 3-year warranty.
Core exchange is available and includes a $30 inventory surcharge plus $120 core deposit. Cylinder must be shipped with lines attached. This part mounts in latch 2307900371 (or 2307900171 or 2307901171 or 2307901371). Upgrade in pairs is highly recommended. P/N 2308000972Price$120.00
Rebuilding your R230 SL-Class Vario Roof Right Trunk Frame Locking Cylinder with the best seals available. 3-year warranty.
Core exchange is available and includes a $30 inventory surcharge plus $120 core deposit. Cylinder must be shipped with lines attached. This part mounts in latch 2307900471 (or 2307901271 or 2307901471). Upgrade in pairs is highly recommended. P/N 2308001072Price$120.00
Upgrading your R230 SL-Class Vario Roof Trunk Lid Drive Cylinder with the best seals available. This makes your old cylinder better than a brand new one. 3-year warranty. Expedited core exchange option for $175 plus $200 core deposit. Cylinder must be shipped with lines attached. P/N 2308001372 aka A 230 800 13 72 or 230800137264Price$145.00
Lock Pawl Cylinders are related to hydraulic lowering and raising of the roll bar. The emergency deployment is independent via electronic release of spring pressure in the roll bar. Top Hydraulics upgrades them with intricate seals made from superior material.
Mounts in left roll bar support 2308600135.
Core exchange is available and includes a $30 inventory surcharge plus $120 core deposit.Price$75.00
- Online only
Left and Right Lock Pawl Cylinders are related to hydraulic lowering and raising of the rollbar. This listing is for the right side lock pawl cylinder. The emergency deployment is independent via electronic release of spring pressure in the roll bar. Top Hydraulics upgrades them with intricate seals made from superior material. Core exchange is available and includes a $30 inventory surcharge plus $120 core deposit.Price$75.00
The Roll Bar Lift cylinder is part of the roll bar assembly. It is related to hydraulic lowering and raising of the rollbar. Emergency deployment is independent via electronic release of spring pressure in the roll bar. Top Hydraulics upgrades the seals inside the hydraulic cylinders - this is independent of emergency deployment.Price$150.00
Rebuilding your R230 SL-Class Vario Roof Top Left Side Main Lift Cylinder with the best seals available. 3-year warranty. Cylinder must be shipped with lines attached - they need to be traced all the way back to the pump. Upgrade in pairs is highly recommended. P/N 2308001172.
Expedited core exchange option for $165 plus $120 core depositPrice$145.00
- Aston Martin