- Aston Martin
- Audi TT MK1 98-06
- Audi TT MK2 06-13
- Audi A4 Cabriolet 03-07
- Audi A4/Cabriolet 94-98
- Audi A4 Cabriolet 08-09
- Audi A5 Cabriolet 10-17
- Audi R8 Spider '10-'16
- Bentley Azure 1st Gen '96-'03
- Continental GTC
- Bentley Mark VI Cabriolet 1951-1952
- Bentley Azure 2nd Gen '06-'09
- BMW Z3 (E36)
- BMW Z4 (E85)
- BMW 3-Series '00-'06 (E46)
- BMW 1-Series (E88)
- BMW 7-Series (E65/E66)
- BMW 5-Series (E61)
- BMW 6-Series (E63/E64)
- BMW 3-Series '07+ (E93)
- BMW 2-Series (F22)
- BMW Z4 (E89) 2009-2016
- BMW 4-Series (F33)
- BMW 6-Series (F12)
- Ferrari 355 / F355 Spider
- Ferrari 360 / F360 Spider
- Ferrari 430 / F430 Spider
- Ferrari California
- Ferrari 458 Spider
- Ferrari 488 Spider
- R129 SL-Class 90-02
- W124 E-Class 93-95
- R170 SLK-Class 1998-2003/2004
- R171 SLK-Class '04 non US or '05-'11 all models
- R172 SLK-Class 2011-2020
- R230 SL-Class 03-12
- R231 SL-Class 2012-Present
- W208 CLK-Class 98-03
- W209 CLK-Class 03-09
- A207 E-Class 2010-2017
- W211 E-Class 03-09
- W215 CL-Class 00-06
- W220 S-Class 00-06
- W221 S-Class 2006-2013
- W164 ML-Class 05-11
- W251 R-Class 06-11
- W463 G-Class 97-14
- X164 GL-Class 07-12
- Grand 600 Pullman Limousine
- Mini Cooper
$55.00 - $1,300.00
W124 E-Class 93-95
Mercedes Benz W124 | Years 1993-1995 Models 300CE, 220E, 320E
For Rebuilding Your Cylinders: You must send your convertible hydraulic top cylinders to us. Once we receive your cylinders, the turn around time is up to two business days for rebuild service and we will ship the cylinders back to you by Priority U.S. Mail (2-3 days delivery time).
Core exchange service is now available for full sets of eight cylinders, as well as some single cylinders based on availability. Core exchange is NOT available for individual p/n's 1248000072, 1248000373, or 1248000472.
Model years 93-95 have eight hydraulic cylinders that move and lock the convertible soft top. The original seals in the hydraulic cylinders, aka rams or actuators, will eventually fail in every W124, unless it gets wrecked prematurely, even if you never drive the car or have never used the top before. Rebuilding these cylinders is NOT a matter of changing o-rings. Every W124 cylinder has one o-ring, and those rarely ever fail. What fails most frequently, are the other seals, which have special shapes for proper function.
Top Hydraulics replaces and upgrades ALL seals in the cylinders with superior material:
1) Rod seals. They are cup-shaped and seal the piston rod from the rest of the cylinder. When they fail, you will see fluid coming out next to the chromed shaft (rod). These are usually the first seals to fail in the cylinders.
2) Piston seals. They seal the input and output sections from each other, as the piston slides through the cylinder. The piston seals have been made of different materials and sizes even in the same p/n cylinders throughout the years. Failing piston seals will cause internal leaks, which result in a pressure drop in your hydraulic system. Early model years have the added problem that the piston seals swell up and make it very hard to move the piston inside the cylinder. Crumbling piston seals can block valves or pinholes inside the hydraulic system, and it can be difficult to diagnose a piston seal failure without testing several cylinders once you find that your top is moving slowly or not at all.
3) Cap seals. These are just o-rings that seal the top cap of the cylinder from the housing. They are usually the last seals to fail, but these o-rings are penny items.
4) Port seals. They seal the hydraulic lines where they are pushed into the cylinders. Port seal failure is becoming more and more common as the W124s age. Port seals have a special shape that makes them seal under pressure. O-rings wouldn't do the trick. They are secured by precisely machined brass rings (accuracy about 1/100 mm). DIY removal of the brass rings will almost certainly destroy the brass rings. Top Hydraulics installs port seals that are tighter than the originals, just in case the hydraulic line fittings have been scratched.
W124 E-Class 93-95
- Order Method:: Core exchange: Order from our inventory
Rebuild/Upgrade service for full set of E-Class Hydraulic Cylinders with Hydraulic Pump and Valves. Also includes rebuild/upgrade service for the roll over bar valve p/n 1248001678 (pictured separately).
International customers, please contact us first about shipping cost to your country.
Expedited Core Exchange Option costs $1700 plus a refundable core deposit of $1500Price$1,300.00
You send in your malfunctioning convertible hydraulic pump, and we rebuild it for $400.
Core exchange is available and includes a $100 inventory surcharge plus $300 core deposit.Price$400.00
Mercedes W124 models 300CE, E220, E320. Typically requires 8 rams for complete replacement of the convertible soft top lifting system. E-Class convertibles/cabriolets were sold as model years 1993, 1994, 1995. Send in your cylinders first.
Expedited Core Exchange Option includes a $1250 Refundable Core Charge plus a $300 surcharge for inventory management.Price$600.00
Includes $240 refundable core deposit for the pair. This is a special core exchange option only: We ship cylinders and locks preassembled, for simple swap into your vehicle. You don't have to worry about damaging the cylinder shafts as you remove the cylinders from the latches.Price$410.00
Includes $120 refundable core deposit. This is a special core exchange option only: We ship cylinder and lock pre-assembled, for simple swap into your vehicle. You don't have to worry about damaging the cylinder shaft as you remove the cylinder from the latch.Price$205.00
Includes $120 refundable core deposit. This is a special core exchange option only: We ship cylinder and lock pre-assembled, for simple swap into your vehicle. You don't have to worry about damaging the cylinder shaft as you remove the cylinder from the latch.Price$215.00
Core Exchange Option includes a $100 Refundable Core Charge plus a surcharge for inventory management.
Convertible top cylinders rebuild/upgrade service (using best seals available ) for Mercedes W124 E-Class convertibles/cabriolets 300CE, E220, E320. Model years 1993, 1994, 1995.
This cylinder locks the rear bow (window).Price$55.00
Expedited core exchange option includes a $100 refundable core deposit plus a surcharge for inventory management.
Convertible car top cylinders rebuild service (using best seals available ) for Mercedes W124 E-Class convertibles/cabriolets 300CE, E220, E320. Model years 1993, 1994, 1995. This particular cylinder locks the Tonneau/Storage Case Cover Latch.Price$55.00
Roll Over Bar Valve Rebuild Service for Mercedes W124 E-Class| 1993-1995
Send in your valve 1248001678 aka A 124 800 16 78 for rebuild service, or choose to order with core exchange. Core exchange includes a $30 surcharge plus $200 refundable deposit.Price$200.00
- Aston Martin